Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nuggets game 5 and the ticking time bomb

Well, what we saw last night was not the Lakers beating the Nuggets, but the Nuggets beating themselves.  The Nuggets up 7 at one point in the third completely fell apart and stopped playing the way they played in game 4.  4 straight turnovers, starting 0-9 in the 4th, that’s all it took for the game to get away from the Nuggets. 

I find it so frustrating when I watch these games!  The Nuggets are by far the better team and with no help from the whistle, shoot themselves in the foot when they could have won the series.  I know last night’s game was not a close out game, but if the Nuggets would have found a way to protect the ball and keep attacking the rim, they would have won that game and there would have been no way that L.A. would be able to win in Denver. 

Nuggets really shot themselves in the foot last night and could have won that game.  More thoughts on tomorrow’s game, well, tomorrow! 

 

Now, calling the Colorado Rockies disappointing so far this season is an understatement.  I didn’t expect them to do anything, maybe contend for the wild card, but not much more.  To say I would have thought the Rockies would be 14 games out and it’s not June?  That is unacceptable.   I have followed the Rockies for a very long time and this is the worst start of a season I have ever seen and as of right now, 9:54am on May 28, 2009 Clint Hurdle still has a job.  I have read lots of speculation so far this morning that many un-named players are expecting Clint to get the ole’ boot.  If you have read any of my other posts on the Rockies or Clint Hurdle, you know I have been calling not only him out, but Dan O’dowd who has built this mound of crap we call the Colorado Rockies and pitching coach Bob Apodaca.  There is no excuse to be 14 games back in May.  Major shake ups in the front office need to be made now.  Tank the season, I mean, it’s basically tanked anyways, no use in keeping anyone who is responsible for creating it.  I now see why the Rockies are always question giving players big money or long term contracts, look at how HORRIBLE Troy Tulowitzki has played since he signed a nice contract after the 2007 World Series run.  He has done nothing and needs to get his head right.  I could rant and rave about this all day.  All I have to say is, Clint Hurdle should be gone by days end and if he is not, people NEED to STOP going to Coors Field and giving this moron owners money.  They don’t care about us as fans, so we shouldn’t care about them as owners of a Major League Baseball team.  

No comments:

Post a Comment