Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nuggets win, but it was closer than you think


All in all this has been a hard fought series.  The Nuggets are being very physical with the Lakers and it is beginning to show.  They are very tired and not to say the Nuggets are not tired too, but the fact the Lakers had to play extra games against the Rockets, then had to play the high energy Nuggets has not helped them.  We tied the series last night with what looked to be a pretty commanding victory, 120-101.  The game though was much closer than it looks.  The Nuggets did control the game from the start.  The out played and out hustled the Lakers all night.  The most interesting thing was that Melo’ played his worst game of the season and we still won by 19.  Apparently he had a stomach virus and was sick before the game and he also had a bum ankle that obviously bothered him through the game.  Now, a couple things that annoy me more than anything, Melo, STOP GRIMMISING UP AND DOWN THE COURT!  If it really hurts that bad then sit on the bench and let someone like L.K. come in and be affective in the game.  I hate it because he obviously not 100% and so he’s hurting the team by shooting and missing open shots, not getting down court and making those faces.  It makes you look very weak Melo’ and if it’s that bad, sit down and trust your teammates.  J.R. played a great game, shooting, passing, and playing defense.  He was the difference maker in the game which helped lead to the win.  Now, the second thing that really had me steamed last night.  Kobe Bryant and his game long cry fest.  Any time this dude gets grazed, touched, or think he is fouled, he goes to the nearest ref. and cries about it.  Guess what, he also gets away with it too!  He can be screaming and screaming about a call he thinks should have been called and they just tell him to go away and basically “warn” him.  Right, and if that was any player on the Nuggets doing the same thing, the refs wouldn’t think twice about T’ing up one of our guys.  Kobe gets away with more than anyone in the league.  Everyone from the commissioner to the players have kissed his ass so much for so long, he just expects it now and gets it.  I’m glad Dahntay Jones is pushing Kobe as he drives and tripping him as he goes by, because he doesn’t care that he’s “Kobe,” he cares about playing his hardest, getting in the head of who he’s guarding, and showing up all these “starts” in these playoffs so far and making him remembered.  He is in Kobe’s head, no doubt about it.  Jones and the whole Nugget team are wearing this team down and if it gets to game 7, I don’t see how the Lakers would be able to keep up with the energy of the Nuggets, even though the Lakers will be at home.  The Nuggets can still get better.  They play with the type of effort and physicality that they played with last night, add a healthy Carmelo Anthony, and we win game 5 with ease.  Now I know I said in my last post that I didn’t think there would be hand double-digit wins this series and of course I say that and we win by 19.  It was closer than 19 points and the Nuggets should realize that and know that the Lakers could have just as easily come back in that game before they went off and started hitting 3’s to get that lead up past 15.  Play your ball Denver Nuggets and you will win this series in 6, but if it goes to 7, you got that. 


This site is an all Colorado sports site, but lately I get really red when I start talking about the Rockies so I don't talk about them (unless they do the right thing and FIRE Clint Hurdle and Dan O'dowd.) but I am in full Nuggets mode right now.  Not much going on with the Broncos so far.  The Avalanche have offered multiple jobs to former goalie Patrick Roy.  On that, I hope Roy takes one, that may bring me back to watching hockey again (since I have not watched since he last played.)  The Rockies have the worst bullpen in the league.  The Broncos will be lucky if they go .500.  Thats really all I have to say about everything else in Colorado sports.  

 

I would really appreciate any sort of feedback.  On my writing, my point of view, or what I am writing about.  Thanks for everything.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment