Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And now it starts again plus some Avs talk

More of the same here in Rockie Land.  Although I didn’t expect a drastic change in the team after Clint Hurdle was fired last week, I did think that maybe the team would tighten up and stop losing close games.  After 11 innings last night, the Rockies could not close out a close, 1 run game and lost its third game in a row since the promotion of Jim Tracy.  Nothing will change in the Rockies organization until major changes are made.  Like I said, the master mind behind the train wreck, you may have heard of him, Dan O’dowd has to be booted out of the state of Colorado.  Any time he talks, he always talks in a way that you think he knows what he’s talking about, but the reality is, he’s probably blacked out and has no idea what he is saying.  They need new scouts for pitching, especially bull pen pitching.  Josh Fogg thankfully has been un touchable since his call up.  We need more like him, but 10 years younger.  I’m always asking myself, is Coors Field in their head?  I really don’t think that matters anymore since the humidor.  Why is it that most pitching the Rockies get, can’t pitch or pitch consistently?  I’m telling you guys now, it’s not Coors Field anymore, and it’s the scouts and GM that has failed the Colorado Rockies and us fans who pay to see the team.  They think they know what is right for Colorado and it’s obviously not working and something needs to be done. 


Now, a little Avalanche talk.  I have really not paid attention to the Avs since the lockout.  I use to be a HUGE Avs fan before the shut down a season.  Since the lockout, the Avalanche has gone away from their consistent winning to a Rockies like style of losing.  Kinda almost there, but not close at all.  That’s how they make me feel.  Well, the fired Tony Granato for like the 10th time today.  Not sure why they keep hiring him, firing him, hiring him, ect.  So here is where I go off the deep end.  Why would the Avalanche wait so long to fire him?  The team is run by smarter people than that.  I would expect a coach to be named very soon.  Although Patrick Roy has said no, I still think that’s what the Avalanche are hoping for.  Perhaps Roy said no because the team still had a coach in place and maybe he didn’t really think the Avalanche were all in for THE Patrick Roy to coach the team.  My theory is, the Avs fire Tony today, then that makes them look serious about hiring Roy.  So right now, the Avalanche front office is on their knees HOPING and PRAYING that Patrick returns their call.  This is just a silly theory though.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment