Saturday, June 20, 2009

Never thought i'd see the day


June 20, 2009 and the Colorado Rockies have a winning record. Really never thought I would see this even after the streak. In the past, the Rockies would get close to .500 and maybe to .500 but could never just get over that hump. So far, they have and it’s fun to watch. I would really like to get to a game sometime soon, but being broke and in Colorado Springs doesn’t help much! At lest they are televised and it’s always fun to watch a team in June playing relevant baseball. I’m happy for the players; it always feels good to win. Also the real fans out there that have been watching the team all season and hoping for somewhat competitive baseball in lower downtown. Who I am really happy for is all the businesses down and around Coors Field. It was never fun going to a game when the Rockies are 10 games under .500 and no one is at the restaurants and the fans get to the game in the second inning and leave in the eighth inning. When the team wins, everyone in lower downtown wins. When I make my move to Denver in August, I am looking forward and hoping the Rockies are still in contention for at least a wild card. Denver is a baseball town and like we saw two years ago, when winning happens, the people will come.


Go Rockies

No comments:

Post a Comment