Sunday, June 7, 2009

What is going on here?!


The Rockies did it again and I’m not talking about getting beat again. No, no. They scored in double digits for the third game in a row! So, what is really going on here?! Being aggressive at the plate, Ian Stewart knows how well that works out now. Dude hit two more home runs last night and is hitting the cover off the ball. Guess what Rockie fans? We’re on a WINNING STREAK. I know, I didn’t think I would see it either this year. The Rockies are playing complete baseball. Their pitching has been great, defense has been great, and of course their hitting has been unstoppable. Atkins is starting to come on, Helton and Hawpe are doing what they’ve been doing all year. After Tracy gave Ian Stewart an earful after striking out looking in the first inning, he showed him that he was listening and gave the Rockies the boost they needed. Maybe Jim Tracy does have a bigger influence on the team. It makes me think that maybe the Rockies were just sick of Hurdle and his time had just run out. We’ll never know, but if the Rockies can continue to respond and turn this thing around, we might just have an okay season. Right now, an okay season is alright to me.


On a side note, I’m still not going to any Rockies games this year. They did fire Clint Hurdle, but now Dan O’dowd must fall in order for me to think about giving the Monforts any of my money. There is still a lot of work the Rockies must do to become relevant in the National League. The work will get done when Dan O’dowd is unemployed.


Go Rockies

No comments:

Post a Comment